- The Elevator Pitch: Why will you enjoy this new opportunity?
In VMware, the Solution Architecture team does two things exceptionally well. The Solution Architect builds solutions to the most complex customer problems - in the areas of private / hybrid / public cloud, modern application platforms, security and digital capabilities. The Solution Architect also charts the directional strategy for our customers, to accelerate the outcome from the technology they adopt.
The Solution Architect is responsible for providing technology direction, technical expertise, consultancy and clarity in complex technical situations for our largest customers across the region, working closely with the local and global account teams to help meet revenue, customer satisfaction requirements & develop customer understanding of VMware portfolio.
- Success in the Role: What are the performance goals over the first 6-12 months you will work toward completing?
● Owns the technology relationships up to CxO level & provides technology thought leadership across financial service industry and/or public sector.
● Leads the solutions development and architecture framework, methodology and approach in an engagement.
● Produces critical architecture work products to communicate the solution and vision with clarity with the customer.
● Be an expert at navigating technical engagements with customers, partners and internal teams.
● Builds relationships with, and earns deep trust of the account team, partners and customers in support of country business objectives.
● Anticipates technology and/or market trends and provides guidance on their application to external customers and feedback of business requirements back into VMware's engineering and product organizations.
● Participates in country leadership decisions and takes the lead in shaping technical engagements.
● Participates in mentoring junior members of the Solutions Engineering team.
- The Work: What type of work will you be doing? What assignments, requirements, or skills will you be performing on a regular basis?
In this role, you are placed in a driver's seat with full autonomy to shape and accelerate our customers' technology adoption. As a VMware Solution Architect:
● You know the customer. You have the ability to empathize, analyze, formulate and lead complex and strategic engagements.
● You have the ability to convince customers, leaders, partners and peers of your technical and technology directions.
● You are right a lot because you always put your work product, ideas and approaches to be tested and disconfirmed.
● You have a proven track record of over 10-15 years in building solutions to complex customer problems that are successfully deployed.
● You have a proven track record of over 5-8 years in influencing customer's technology strategy and directions, through IT strategy and blueprints and through regular customer reviews.
● You have expert technology certifications in at least 1 VMware technology or equivalent.
● You also have exceptional domain knowledge and experience in one advanced technologies like cloud (AWS, GCP, Azure), Kubernetes, cybersecurity, digital capabilities, analytics, AI/ML.
● You have working knowledge of an architecture framework - TOGAF, Zachman Framework. You understand the thought processes in architecture development.
● You communicate well. You are able to translate a customer's business need into technology capabilities that solve the issue. You are able to identify customer's business and technology blockers and unblock them.
As a VMware Solution Architect, it would be advantage if you:
● Have experience with Public Cloud (AWS, Azure, GCP) projects.
● Have experience with projects to modernize application such as transforming a monolith application to micro-service based application.
● Have a natural curiosity and intensity about new technology and is eager to dive deep into them.
● Are always experimenting and adopting better ways and ideas in solving customer problems.
● Have the trust of leaders and peers to lead strategic engagements with VMware's most important customers.
● Have built architecture practices, frameworks and content.
In one year, you are successful if you:
● Engage with customer's CXO to influence their directional strategy.
● Have deep engagements with the local Account teams on designing complex architecture.
● Work with the broader VMware's team such as VMware specialist to understand how different VMware products can be architect-ed together.
● Build and share architecture practices, frameworks and content with the Solution Engineering community.
- What is the leadership like for this role? What is the structure and culture of the team like?
The hiring manager for this role is Eugene Phua.
- What are the benefits and perks of working at VMware?
여러분과 여러분의 소중한 가족들은 다양하고 경쟁력있는 복리후생 제도를 누리실 수 있습니다. 아래는 그 중 몇 가지 내용이며, 저희 웹사이트(https://benefits.vmware.com/kr/)에 방문하시면 더 많은 내용을 확인하실 수 있습니다.
● Medical Coverage (자녀, 배우자, 부모님, 배우자 부모님을 보장하는 임직원 단체 보험)
● Employee Stock Purchase Plan (우리사주제)
● Generous Time Off Programs (유연하고 다양한 휴가 제도)
● Flexible Benefits (연간 50만 원의 선택적 복리후생)
● WellBeing Allowance (연간 약 110만 원의 웰빙 수당)
● Children Tuition (대학교를 포함한 자녀 학자금)
- More information you may want to know
● Office Location: 삼성동 아셈타워 (언제든 재택근무 가능)
● Type of Employment: 정규직 (수습기간 3개월)
● How to Apply: 지원서 작성 및 자유 양식의 이력서 등록
● 입사 지원 전 궁금하신 점이 있다면 으로 문의 바랍니다.
● 해당 포지션은 채용 시 마감될 수 있습니다.
● 입사지원서 내용에 허위사실이 판명될 경우 입사가 취소될 수 있습니다.
● 지원서 작성 시 신체 조건, 출신 지역, 혼인 여부, 재산 및 가족의 학력, 직업, 재산 등 직무와 관련 없는 정보의 기재를 금지합니다.
- What happens once you apply?
● 지원 마감: 채용 시 마감
● 채용 프로세스
o 지원서 검토
o 리쿠르터 전화 인터뷰
o 현업 인터뷰
o 백그라운드 체크
o 채용 제안
● 전형 내용/일정은 회사 사정에 의하여 변경될 수 있으며 합격/탈락하신 분께는 이메일로 개별 통보 드립니다.